Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Anne Frank

Dear Friends and Family,

I hope you are all doing well. I am just getting over being sick...gotta love local food...haha. Other than that things are going really well though. Teaching is getting better this semester, i found out i'm probably going to another FSM state, Pohnpei for the summer, and I've adjusted better to live in Chuuk. Plus, this weekend will be my third weekend in a row off island, and that is super refreshing and also educational to learn more about culture and life in chuuk.
I would love to write you all an long in depth e-mail, but i'm getting really bad at keeping in touch and want to sleep of the rest of this illness, therefore i'm going to get to the point. I have been teaching about the Holocaust in my lit class to prepare for reading the Diary of Anne Frank. I have really enjoyed teaching about the holocaust and educating them on something very real about life, but today, much to my sadness, i found that we were about 20 books short of the Diary of Anne Frank. At the beginning of the year i was under the impression we had plenty, just in bad shape, but as i planned to start the book this week, i find myself in a bind. If you are able to send one or more books ASAP, i would love you. You by no means have to, but if you're able to get to a bookstore today, this week...or have an old copy laying around, I would eternally love you! Again, i'm sorry to ask for anything, but it will save paper, time, and ink. Thanks for your consideration, and please do not feel bad if this is not possible. If you can, my address is below my name!
Thanks!!!
Peace, Love and Coconuts,
Jessica

--
Jessica Trout
Saramen Chuuk Academy
PO Box 662
Chuuk, FM 96942
Federated States of Micronesia

No comments: